When selecting carpeting, your choice of fiber will be the critical decision you'll have to make. It's the material from which the rug's yarns are made. They Have everything to do with both aesthetics and performance.
Choosing natural or synthetic fiber will depend on your lifestyle and budget. Both are good choices, but it will come down to personal preference.
About synthetic fibers
Synthetics, manufactured fibers, account for over 95% of carpets.
Some, especially those with large families, kids, and pets, view this as the more practical choice. Advantages include:
1. Price: A synthetic floor covering is generally less expensive than natural
2. Easy cleanability: They stand up to scrubbing and steaming
3. Better stain resistance: Some even, such as nylon, resist mold and mildew
While there are acrylics and blends, the four most popular are:
1. Nylon is known for ultra strength, ideal for the heaviest wear and foot traffic.
2. Polyester, known for excellent stain resistance, is best for moderately busy rooms.
3. Olefin (polypropylene): This is mainly associated with looped constructions, like Berbers. This is budget-friendly and durable.
4. Triexta is known for strength and permanent stain resistance built into the fiber.
The professionals at our carpet store can guide you to suitable synthetic or natural fiber for your needs.
About natural fibers
Wool is the choice if you want broadloom. Others, like jute, sisal, seagrass, or coir, are used to area rugs or mats.
Wool is durable, soft, and luxurious. It has natural oils that repel dirt and is fire-resistant and eco-friendly.
This requires special skills in cleaning and is somewhat pricier than its synthetic counterparts.
40 years of flooring expertise in Ledgewood, NJ
At Bogart's Carpet, we'll help you find the just-right carpeting –beautiful products from top brands like Dixie Home– and superior installation. Our company's owner even started his flooring career as an installer!
As reflected in our customer service, we'll pass our family-owned carpet flooring values on to you. Visit our showroom in Ledgewood, NJ, serving Randolph, Roxbury, and Hopatcong.